Sunday, October 18, 2009

html



http://rhizome.org/art/exhibition/html_color_codes/statement.html

after being so immersed in html this semester I get excited when its mentioned, its nice to see html used in an art context instead of a commercial function.


With this exhibition I liked the use of space in context. Its obvious yes. I found the navigation of the site limiting because my first experience was not making an extra click on the work to 'activate' it. I saw the image accompanied with the text like you would see in a gallery but fell short on the full experience untill later which put a whole new layer of movement, time, space and in some cases a further context through the work.

pictured here firelight (from the Colorbots series)
by Owen Plotkin (2003)

an example of a html colourfield image (i wasnt to say painting) constructed using code
eg: red = ff0000

No comments:

Post a Comment